Thursday, October 13, 2005

What's the Big Idea?

Well, it's this. I've decided this month to participate in National Novel Writing Month, also known as NaNoWriMo. Or, in my house, Book in a Month because it's shorter and for some reason easier for me to say. I think it's the Ns. Anyway. I've decided to help chronicle my process on a blog, so when I look back later on and say, 'Oh, that was so easy!' I'll remember the days of agony. Or, if it turns out to be a breeze, help keep myself from getting excuses and not doing it again!

But, you may notice, that NaNoWriMo doesn't actually start until November. Which is not October. I worked that out myself. Well, I decided that October would be prewriting month. Because unlike some of my illustrious (and already published) colleagues, I can't pants. If I don't have an outline, I sit in front of the blank computer screen like a drooling idiot for a long while and/or mess around with my playlist on my RealPlayer and don't actually get anything accomplished before the dinner bell rings. (I don't actually have a bell for dinner. But, we did when I was growing up. Anyway.)

So, I decided this back in August. Which is also not October. Nor is it September. But, today is nearly the middle of October, so I best get myself in gear. Because 'Incomplete prewriting will not excuse you!' as Prof. Snape would say. So, here we go. I went through and put together my prewriting notebook with my prewriting forms (yes, I'm that OCD) last night. Tonight, I'm going to sit down and at least get going with them, filling in what I've got so far.

We'll just say it's Super.

No comments: