Friday, November 18, 2005

Half Way There

Well, last night we broke past the 25,000 mile marker. I ended up at 26,540 after going in and working on one of the scenes I'd skipped the day before.

I think we've reached the hopscotch stage of our writing process. Normally, I don't write things in order. I have a really detailed outline and I end up jumping around and writing scenes to suit whatever mood I'm in that day. With this book, since I don't have the detailed outline, I'd kind of been sticking to linear progression as I got to different scenes.

Due to the CLUNK phase I'm at, I think I might skip on to where some of the action happens and come back in and fill in with the information I need to get across when I get to the end. We'll see how writing goes this weekend and if I end up needing to bump over a couple weeks to be more interested again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy Roberts said...

Keep at it, Elly!