Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Pre Holidays

Well, for a brief update, I didn't end up bouncing around. Or, at least, I haven't yet. I'm not sure that I shouldn't, but I keep coming up with what I think should happen next, so I keep on going. I need to do something to get into the story again, though, because the characters are starting to get boring. Again with the shelf life.

I'm now at 29,291. Just shy of the big 30K. With almost exactly a week left to go. On a regular week, the individual word count would be doable. Just under 3,000 words per day. Which is good.

The down side is, after I decided to jump on the NaNo train, the family (in this case consisting of around 8 eaters) decided that for Thanksgiving my house is going to serve as the point of consumption. Squeek!!!

First, we have to figure out where everyone is going to sit. This will involve the importation of a second table as well as many chairs from my mother's house. Normally, we'd eat at her house because she has a table that seats 12. However, she's getting new cabinets tomorrow, we all hope, and so her house will smell like paint. Not to mention the fact that she's in the middle of doing the family taxes, and I am not going to be the one to suggest that she clean up all the paperwork she's got spread out over the 12-person table for us to eat on it.

So, now, rather than having an extended weekend where I can just go somewhere and eat after cooking a little bit and then coming home and writing, the hordes are descending on my house which hasn't been cleaned all month because I've been doing Nanunanu. (Not that this is necessarily very different than normal in all truth.)

Will I be able to get my writing time in and clean the house and organize a three course mean for 8? Will my book get finished on time? Will my sanity survive? Tune in over the holidays to see what happens!

No comments: